Internationally, the National REDD+ Strategy constitutes a major component of Myanmar’s Nationally-Determined Contribution (NDC – see here).
There are many Myanmar laws that are relevant to the National REDD+ Strategy. Some of the most significant laws are:
- Forest Law 1992 (see here)
- Vacant, Fallow and Virgin Land Law (2012) and Rules (2012) (see here)
- Protection of Wildlife and Conservation of Protected Areas Law (1994) and Rules (2002) (see here)
- Environmental Conservation Law (2012) (see here)
- Community Forestry Instructions (2016) (see here)